Lower School American Academy provides:
- individual and small group instruction.
- a full-time aide in all classes to ensure individual attention
- experienced teachers who are ESE certified
- Reading Specialists and classroom teachers who work together to support the students’ growth and remediation
- professional development workshops for teachers to ensure they use the most current technology to design and deliver the best curriculum with the most effective teaching methods.
- a strong focus on developing each student’s executive functioning skills by providing opportunities to sharpen 21st Century Skills such as collaboration, creativity, critical thinking, and communication.
American Academy offers a complete enrichment and extracurricular program:
- comparable to the largest public and private schools in the country
- instruction in art, music, PE, research skills, and computers.
- hands-on learning in both our indoor science lab and outside Educational Environment Center.
- Fifth and sixth graders have additional enrichment course choices
- Students participating in our distinguished Fine Arts programs will have the opportunity to participate in musical performances, drama productions, art exhibits, and competitions.